The private sector recommendations on the enablers for private sector participation and priorities for the Energy sector include:
- complete privatisation of power generation and distribution assets;
- create a clear path for development of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), including a mandate to lead future industry planning and allow for private sector investment;
- implement the Transmission Reinforcement Plan to address transmission constraints and improve grid capability;
- complete implementation of the Gas Master Plan;
- progress LNG projects that have viable economics and adequate gas supply; and
- enable completion of joint venture gas supply projects (funding,
- An effective and efficient regulatory environment for timely approval of projects, contracts, permits, licences, etc., related to infrastructure development.
- Guarantee of Right of Way for infrastructure development and reduced cost of securing access rights.
- Improved regulation of gas pricing to attract investment in gas supply infrastructure.
- Government credit enhancement for IPPs (e.g., secure World Bank PRG).
- Incentives for private sector investment.
- Passing the Petroleum Industry Bill to accelerate expected reforms.